logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Giriş or Kayıt.

Bildirim

Icon
Error

Ayarlar
Son mesaja git Go to first unread
Offline zhangzk  
#1 Gönderildi : 19 Ağustos 2019 Pazartesi 11:17:32(UTC)
zhangzk

Sıralama: Üye

Madalyalar: Yeni üye: 10

Katılan: 26.3.2019(UTC)
Mesajlar: 118

Patrick Peterson is upset with the Cardinals Dwayne Haskins Jersey , but today’s news that he’ll be suspended for the first six games of the season may point to the reason for his unhappiness.According to John Gambadoro of 98.7-FM, Peterson became angry with the Cardinals when he first learned he was facing a PED suspension, and they refused to restructure his contract to lessen the financial hit he will take.Suspended NFL players do not receive their base salary while they serve those suspensions, but other forms of payment, such as signing bonuses and roster bonuses, are not affected by suspensions. Peterson is due an $11 million base salary this season, which means he’ll lose about $3.88 million during his suspension. Peterson may have wanted the Cardinals to do something like change his pay this year to a $10 million roster bonus followed by a $1 million base salary, which would mean the suspension would only cost him $353,000.There is precedent for such a move. In 2016, while Tom Brady was fighting his Deflategate suspension, the Patriots restructured his contract to give him a $28 million signing bonus, followed by base salaries of $1 million in each of the next two seasons. That meant that when he was suspended four games, he lost only $236 David Long Jersey ,000 in salary. If he hadn’t restructured, he was slated to lose $2.11 million in salary for a four-game suspension.But the Cardinals weren’t willing to do that for Peterson, and telling him that is reportedly what got Peterson angry at a member of the front office last month. Peterson may not like it, but unless there’s something about this situation we don’t know (such as Peterson using a supplement that a Cardinals staffer told him was OK to use but actually had an ingredient banned by the NFL), it’s reasonable for the Cardinals to decline to give Peterson a sweet deal to reduce the hit for his suspension. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets picked a pass rusher with plenty to prove.Florida’s Jachai Polite was the first of the Jets’ two third-round selections Friday night, going 68th overall and giving New York the explosive edge rusher they coveted entering the NFL draft.The Jets just hope the 21-year-old Polite has outgrown the maturity questions many teams had about him. He was once considered a likely early selection, but he struggled during what he called a “bumpy” pre-draft process — both physically and mentally.“I’ve accepted all my flaws,” Polite said during a conference call. “I’ve been just working on that all offseason.”Polite had 11 sacks in his junior season with the Gators, playing mainly off the edge, and is considered still a bit raw. He tweaked his right hamstring during the 40-yard dash at Florida’s pro day last month and was slowed the rest of the day. The injury previously hampered him at the NFL combine in February in Indianapolis, where he ran the 40-yard dash in an underwhelming 4.84 seconds and posted a vertical jump of just 32 inches before choosing not to do any additional drills. His weight became an issue as he got up to 258 pounds, but was in the 240s when he visited the Jets.He also made headlines for what he perceived as teams — Green Bay http://www.losangelesramsteamonline.com/bobby-evans-jersey , in particular — “bashing” him during the interview process at the combine.“I regret saying that (anyone) was bashing me, because they weren’t really bashing me,” Polite said. “They were just trying to interview a guy to come play for their team. They just wanted to see how I reacted. It was all my fault, and I learned from it.“It was an incident that got misjudged. Things were said that didn’t happen and weren’t meant that way. It wasn’t really that bad, if you ask me.”Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan was aware of Polite’s off-field concerns, but said the team did its homework leading up to the draft. He added that a member of the scouting department also had familiarity with Polite when the two were at Florida.“He might not have had the best spring he would’ve ideally wanted,” Maccagnan said. “But there were definitely things there that we felt good about, in terms of the opportunity to kind of work with him and develop.”New York also drafted USC offensive tackle Chuma Edoga in the third round, trading with Minnesota to move up a spot to take him with the 92nd overall pick. The Jets gave the Vikings the 93rd pick and No. 217 overall (a seventh-rounder).Polite led the NCAA with six forced fumbles last season, despite starting just five of 13 games. He had a team-leading 19½ tackles for loss and was selected to the AP All-America second team.The Jets selected Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams with the third overall selection Thursday night, giving New York’s defensive line two promising new additions. With Williams expected to provide power in the middle as a run-stuffing pass rusher, Polite will be counted on to get to the quarterback as a mismatch on the outside, potentially as a 3-4 outside linebacker.“This is a perfect place for me to fit scheme-wise Greg Gaines Jersey ,” Polite said.He’ll also start fresh in the NFL, and is eager to put all the negative talk in the past.“I have a lot of people to prove wrong,” Polite added. “I’m ready to work. Growing up, there’s always been a lot of negative things about me, and I’ve just worked my whole life.”The 6-foot-3, 308-pound Edoga was a teammate of current Jets quarterback Sam Darnold at USC in 2017, and he’ll be tasked with helping protect the second-year signal caller on New York’s offensive line.“I blocked for Sammy D in college and now I get to block for him in the NFL, it’s a blessing,” Edoga said during a conference call. “It’s a dream come true.”Edoga played in 44 games, including 26 starts, with the Trojans — mainly as a right tackle, where he was selected to the All-Pac-12 second team last season. Both left tackle Kelvin Beachum and right tackle Brandon Shell are scheduled to be free agents after this season, so Edoga could be groomed to replace one of the two in 2020 Christian Wilkins Jersey , if not sooner.He played both tackle spots during the Senior Bowl week, something he thinks he will be able to do in the NFL. Maccagnan added that Edoga could also potentially play guard.Edoga also impressed teams by flashing some of the on-field characteristics that moved him up draft boards.“I just like to use my athleticism and play with aggressiveness,” Edoga said. “Try to get off the ball and hit somebody in the mouth.”After the trade with the Vikings, the Jets will enter the final day of the draft Saturday with just two more picks: a fourth-rounder (No. 105 overall) and a sixth-rounder (No. 196).NOTES: Maccagnan disputed published reports that he and new coach Adam Gase have clashed at times during the offseason. “I think Adam and I have worked very well together,” he said. “I’m sure, like in any process, there are times … when we have different opinions on a player. From my standpoint, I’ve actually had a very good working relationship with Adam. Quite frankly, he has a very good sense of humor and kind of makes me laugh quite a bit.”
Sponsor
Bu konudaki kullanıcılar
Forumu Atla  
Bu foruma yeni konular postalayamazsınız.
Bu forumda ki konulara yeni posta gönderemezsiniz.
Bu forumdaki postalarınızı silemezsiniz.
Bu forumdaki postalarınızı düzenleyemezsiniz.
Bu forumda anketler yaratamazsınız.
Bu forumdaki anketlere oy veremezsiniz.

Ateşleme trafoları,ozon trafolarıMaxwell Heroes(Beta)